This Week & Our Trip to South Florida

This past week seemed to just fly by! I had a feeling the last 2 weeks of my maternity leave would go by rather quickly, in reality, it felt like a blink of an eye.

Last Monday we had our “trial day” with our daycare where Isabella attended a full day (8 hours) to “see how things go”. Hubs and I started getting Isabella’s daycare bag together around 7:30am and by 8 I was a sobbing wreck. As I was packing her bag and picking her up to place her in the car seat, these emotions seemed to hit me all at once and the tears just started to flow. It’s like I couldn’t hold them back anymore. Thank God for my husband, Frank! He was so supportive and understanding as I was standing there crying. Any moms out there have a similar experience of emotions when taking little ones to daycare/school for the first time?

Once we arrived at the daycare and saw the awesome staff again, my anxiety level dropped tremendously. I was reminded that I was leaving her in the hands of great people. I still cried a little when saying our final goodbyes. Hubs and I ran a few errands before heading home where I spent the rest of my time doing chores and packing for our trip to Ft. Lauderdale. We checked in with the classroom a few times throughout the day for updates. We picked her up at 5:30 that evening and she was all smiles. She didn’t cry not once, but she did spit up and needed an outfit change. Seems like the transition to daycare is going well so far.

Tuesday was pretty low-key. The kids were in school and hubs went back to work. My mom came by and spent a couple of hours visiting. I popped into Buy Buy Baby that afternoon looking for a travel sleeper for Isabella. I found the Summer Infant Deluxe By Your Side Sleeper on their website and thankfully, the store had 1 left and I was able to walk in and purchase it.

We started our Wednesday morning on the early side around 4am with a feeding. Isa fell back sleep almost immediately after her bottle. I started loading the car with our luggage and other trip essentials. We picked up my mom and headed for the turnpike. From Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale is roughly a three and a half hour drive. Isabella pretty much slept the entire way.

Our first stop upon arriving in SoFL was my cousin’s hair salon for a little pampering. Both my mom and I got our hair done along with well needed manicures and pedicures. Spending that time with my mom was so awesome! Afterwards we headed to my aunt’s house in Cooper City. I love visiting her home. Her house is really peaceful. Well, she does have neighbors nearby that have roosters who crow every morning like clockwork. She also has these three beautiful dobermans. At first sight, they look intimidating, but they really are sweet dogs.

I was also able to catch up with a long time friend of mine, Stephanie. We’ve been friend since we were in fourth grade. She moved down to Ft. Lauderdale around the time Frank and I were getting married. Every time one of us is in town, we do our best to meet up and spend some time together. This time, we had lunch at on of our favorite happy hour spots, Brio Tuscan Grille.  If you’ve never been and you’re a fan of Italian food, I definitely recommend checking them out. They’re food is really good…and so are their drinks!

The following day my mom and I did some shopping at Sawgrass Mills. This was Isabella’s first outing to a mall. We stopped in Carter’s to pick up a few outfits for daycare. The store was having a pretty good sale. The last time I was in Carter’s I got a coupon for $10 off my next purchase which also helped me to score this cute little St. Patty’s Day outfit for free!
I also bought Isa a super cute pair of gold sandals and a plush car seat toy, unfortunately, they never made it in my bag (after I paid for them). I ended up having to call the store to have them ship the items to me. Hopefully I’ll get them sometime next week. We ended our evening back at my aunt’s house where she cooked a delicious curried lobster dinner. Here’s a similar recipe to try.

Friday my mom and I kept things pretty simple. We started getting our things together for the trip back. That evening we all went to dinner in nearby Weston at Bonefish Grill. I ordered the spicy tuna bowl, which I was so excited about because I have been craving it for months while I was pregnant. Both my mother and aunt ordered pasta dishes. My meal was delicious until I found a long blonde hair in it (YUCK!), which totally killed my appetite.

Saturday morning both my mom and I were up before the sun loading up the car with our luggage. After breakfast we said our goodbyes and started making our way back to Orlando. This past week was awesome and we really enjoyed our time in South Florida as usual.

I hope you all enjoyed your week as much as I did! Thank you again for reading and have a FAB weekend! 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s